This course changed my life! I am gong to make it!
A little long but good
Good course to get me started
This course changed my life! I am gong to make it!
I didn't even know where to begin. So grateful this helped me get a taste of what's out there in getting sober.
Jennifer C. Petersen
Addiction Recovery Specialist & Author
About the Instructor
Jennifer has been in recovery from her addictions since 2004, and has her degrees in Drug and Alcohol Counseling and in Human Services. She is also the author of the best-selling book on Amazon
"Stop it! Don't Compare Your Insides With Other People's Outsides"
"Hi, I’m Jennifer, an Author, Addiction Recovery Specialist, Public Speaker and Small Business Owner. My hot topics are: Parenting, Addiction Recovery in all areas (Using the 12 Step Method) and Turning Your Weaknesses in Strengths. I’ve presented both internationally and all over the United States. From Vera Cruz Mexico, to California to Pennsylvania. My husband, Brent and I have raised our four children. I'm looking forward to working with you on your road to recovery."
Alcoholism is an equal opportunity destroyer. It doesn’t care what you look like, where you live or how much money you make. Jennifer can help.
Jennifer has been in recovery from her addictions since 2004, has her degrees in Drug and Alcohol Counseling and in Human Services and is the author of the best-selling book on Amazon: “STOP IT! Don’t Compare Your Insides with Other People’s Outsides.” With the purchase of one of her programs, you will receive a copy for FREE.
She will guide you through the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, in the privacy of your own home. This is meant to be an introductory course to begin your recovery. It will contain video of Jennifer sharing her experience, strength and hope, printable worksheets, and daily emotional, physical and spiritual exercises. She'll give you guidance to help break the cycle of your addictive behaviors. You will receive a new step to work on every day, and you'll be able to complete the 12 steps at your own pace and on your own schedule.
You’ll be invited to join our CLOSED and PRIVATE Addiction Recovery Facebook page, where you’ll meet others recovering from their various addictions. There you will find inspiration and support to help you through your journey to recovery.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
Alcoholism is a self-diagnosed disease (“disease” - meaning you are not at-ease with yourself). No one else can diagnose you. Please feel free to answer the questions below to assess if you feel you have a problem with alcohol. If you find yourself answering “Yes” to some of these questions, this program may be exactly what you’ve been looking for:
- Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are drinking?
- Do you drink heavily when you are disappointed, under pressure or have had a quarrel with someone?
- Can you handle more alcohol now than when you first started to drink?
- Have you ever been unable to remember part of the previous evening, even though your friends say you didn't pass out?
- When drinking with other people, do you try to have a few extra drinks when others won't know about it?
- Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if alcohol is not available?
- Are you more in a hurry to get your first drink of the day than you used to be?
- Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your drinking?
- Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your drinking?
- Have you been having more memory blackouts recently?
- Do you often want to continue drinking after your friends say they've had enough?
- When you're sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while drinking?
- Have you tried switching brands or drinks, or following different plans to control your drinking?
- Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your drinking?
- Have you ever had a DWI driving while intoxicated or DUI driving under the influence of alcohol violation, or any other legal problem related to your drinking?
- Are you having more financial, work, school, and/or family problems as a result of your drinking?
- Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your drinking?
- Do you sometimes have the shakes in the morning and find that it helps to have a little drink, tranquilizer or medication of some kind?
- Have you recently noticed that you can't drink as much as you used to?
- Do you sometimes stay drunk for several days at a time?
- After periods of drinking do you sometimes see or hear things that aren't there?
- Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your drinking?
- Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after periods of heavy drinking?
- Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with alcohol?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you may have an alcohol addiction. You are not alone
OUTCOME & SOLUTION
How did you do on the questions above? Remember, alcoholism has little to do with what kind of alcohol you drink, how long you have been drinking, or even exactly how much alcohol you consume. But it has a great deal to do with your uncontrollable need for alcohol and the un-manageability in your life.
Most alcoholics can't just "use a little willpower" to stop drinking. The alcoholic is frequently in the grip of a powerful craving for alcohol. It'scan feel as strong as the need for food or water. While some people are able to recover without help, the majority of alcoholics need outside assistance to recover from their disease. This 12 step online program can help you stop drinking and reclaim your life.
And after working a successful program, these are The Twelve Promises from the book Alcoholics Anonymous:
- We are going to know a new freedom & a new happiness.
- We will not regret the past, nor wish to shut the door on it.
- We will comprehend the word Serenity &
- We will know peace.
- No matter how far down the scale we’ve gone, we’ll see how our experiences can benefit others.
- That feeling of uselessness & self-pity will disappear.
- We will lose interest in selfish things & gain interest in our fellows.
- Self-seeking will slip away.
- Our whole attitude & outlook on life will change.
- Fear of people & economic insecurity will leave us.
- We will intuitively know how to handle situations which use to baffle us.
- We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
- Are these extravagant promises? We think not.
- They’re being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
- They’ll always materialize if we work for them.
Remember: Alcohol is an equal opportunity destroyer. It doesn’t care who you are, how much money you make, or the type of education you have. Its job is to destroy your life. Jennifer gets it, and is here to help.
*Some may be of need of a detox center before getting off the alcohol. Please consult your physician before going “Cold Turkey.”
“I never imagined I could be free of alcohol, at liberty, in control of myself, safe on a new shore with a new heart. I mean literally: it was not in my imagination. My head held no such images. But it is reality now. Thank you, Jennifer”- Carley K.
“I knew I was looking my own mortality squarely in the face (my parents both died in their fifties) but didn't know how to deal with it. Through working with Jennifer and the 12 step program, I know I’m now living the life my Higher Power intended.” -Callie R.
“After working the 12 step program with Jennifer, in the last 18 months I’ve landed my dream job and moved to a town closer to family and friends with more activities I enjoy than I can fit into my day.” -Alecia S.
“Change is possible. I’m the greatest example of someone you thought would never change, and then did. Jennifer helped me see that.” -Gary W.
“Thank you so much Jennifer for helping me to change my life in more ways than I can count.” -Kelley E.
“I can now look at where I can improve different areas of my life and set about making changes to improve my lifestyle. The darkest moods I have are short lived, curtailed by use of using the 12 steps Jennifer showed me how to do.” -Darryl R.
“Perhaps, the main thing I learned from Jennifer’s program was that I could make choices that align with what God wants for me. I was able to clean up my past, so I can now live in the present.” - Jim T.
How Free Do You Want to Be? Sign up today and begin your journey of recovery…and live the life you’ve always dreamed of!
- Jennifer's Video Alcohol Recovery Introduction
- Study Materials for Program
- Tips on How to Stay Sober
- 50 ways to help stay sober
- Please join my PRIVATE Addiction Recovery Facebook page
- FREE COPY OF MY BOOK: STOP IT! Don't Compare Your Insides With Other People's Outsides
- PERSONALIZED ONE ON ONE COUNSELING WITH JENNIFER